My favorite Android apps: Photo Editor

My favorite Android apps: Photo Editor

When I first got my Android, I went to a trusted name... Adobe Photoshop. But Photoshop for Android is lacking in features even in aspects as simple as resize and constrained crop. 

A fully feature photo editor does exist for Android in the form of Shinycores PicSay Photo Editor which is available in free and a paid PicSay Pro version.  


The free version allows you to color-correct your pictures and add word balloons, titles, graphics, and effects like text balloons, stickers and the like.The Pro version adds  the ability to import pictures in larger size formats, sharpen, remove red eye, insert cutouts of other pictures, paint, make color splash out of black-and-white pictures, add text, word balloons, apply effects like Cross Process, Lomo, Vignette, faux HDR, Tilt-shift, Pencil Sketch,

The Pro version is capable of some very intricate editing
I am currently using the free version and it does have import pictures in larger formats and crop & straighten. I am not sure if this is time limited. Even from the interface the grayed out word "Pro" is ominously displayed in the some of the options. But they work for now. I am going to hold off buying the pro-version for a few days to see if access to import pictures in larger formats and crop & straighten is time limited, and will update this post.

Cons. My main gripe with this app is when I import the 8MP still from my phones camera it only allows them to be imported with a maximum size of 1147 x 686 pixels. I would have like it to be able to import pictures with a 1366 x 766 or 1280 x 800 resolution, which would allow cropping or resizing pictures down to 720p (1280 x 720).

60 second enhancement. PicSay is easy to use. With just manipulating contrast, exposure and brightness without spending time trying to get it perfect, you can improve your pictures dramatically. This is what I was able to do in less than 60 seconds:

Original
Enhanced